Thursday, March 31, 2005

Medicine Lessons

Will I never learn about the evils of Ibuprofen on an empty stomach? Wolf started coming down with a cold yesterday, and of course, Grama and Rachel and I still dragged him off to Jeepers anyway since it was our plan. I’m sure he would have enjoyed it a lot more and made much better use of his wristband if he wasn’t stumbling around in his cold-induced mini-stupor. I gave him some Motrin before bed to bring his little (101) fever down, hoping it would last longer than the Tylenol. He wound up coming upstairs around 2:30 a.m. or so to sleep with (read ON) me, the Mama pillow. We got up together at 6:30 a.m. to watch TV on the couch and get him some medicine.

As I was pouring the Motrin, Wolf said, “My puke doesn’t like that kind, Mama.” I reply, “No, that’s only at night, Wolf.” So what, maybe 10 minutes later, he cries this panicked pre-puke cry on the couch and I frantically shove my hands under his mouth to catch it. Then a little more crying, 85 million “I’m so sorry honey”s and one more ‘catch’ in the kitchen and all the awful medicine was finally down the drain. Now listen to this! NO IBUPROFEN ON AN EMPTY STOMACH EVER!!!!

No comments: